Easterseals New Hampshire provides one-to-one supports and therapies to babies and toddlers during the most critical stage of development – birth to age three.
Our early intervention specialists partner with families across Southern New Hampshire to deliver life-changing therapies around speech, movement, feeding, and more. We meet with you where you and your child are most comfortable. That could be at your home, a relative’s home, a familiar childcare center, or another community setting. We also guide families toward continuing skill-building between therapy sessions. Together, we help your child reach their highest potential.
Why Easterseals Family Centered Early Supports and Services (FCESS)
- Convenience – Choice of therapy locations that work for your child and your family
- Affordability – Free evaluation at home or in the clinic. Free physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and specialized instruction for eligible children. There is never an out-of-pocket cost to families.
- Service Coordination – We coordinate services with pediatricians, schools, and other providers
- High-Quality, Evidence-Based Care – Our staff is licensed, credentialed pediatric professionals. They are certified in specialized techniques not widely found, including DIR Floortime, select mutism, and more.
- School Transition Services – We help your child make the transition to preschool or other services at age 3
- Ongoing Assessments – We track and provide updates on your child’s development
- Advocacy Training – We give you tools and training to help you work with your child’s schools, therapists, doctors, and community groups
- Direct Services in English and Spanish
- Family Resources and Support – Families learn how to incorporate therapy into their child’s daily activities
- Access to Additional Children’s Services through Easterseals NH, VT & Farnum, including Autism Services, Pediatric Outpatient Services, and inclusive Child Care.
Our team of highly-qualified professionals has extensive experience supporting children with various conditions, including torticollis, down syndrome, Turner syndrome, feeding syndromes, hearing and vision disabilities, autism, and NAS (infants born with substance use addiction).
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech/language pathology
- Early childhood special education
- Family support
Who We Serve
Children may be eligible for Easterseals NH FCESS at no cost if they are:
✓ Between the ages of 0 and 3 years old
✓ Have a developmental delay, an established condition, OR are at substantial risk for a developmental delay
✓ Live in our area of service (Greater Manchester or Greater Salem)
An ESS team will provide a Developmental Evaluation to determine your child’s eligibility according to federal and state criteria. For eligible children, the parents and the ESS team will develop an Individual Family Support Plan (IFSP) that includes family and child outcomes and strategies. The appropriate professional will initiate services.
Greater Manchester: Auburn, Bedford, Candia, Goffstown, Hooksett, Londonderry, Manchester, New Boston
Greater Salem: Atkinson, Chester, Danville, Derry, Hampstead, Newton, Pelham, Plaistow, Salem, Sandown, Windham
Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact us if you do not see the answer to your question.
What if my child is over three?
Family Centered Easterseals Early Supports and Services (FCESS) is for children ages zero to three. If your child is three or older, please explore our Pediatric Outpatient Services or our Autism Services program.
Where are your clinics located?
15 Ermer Road, Unit 105
Salem, NH 03079
555 Auburn Street
Manchester, NH 03103
Heather Herod, MS CDS, SpEd
603.666.5982 ext. 33
How much do your services cost?
Easterseals FCESS is provided under contract with Moore Center Services, Inc. Services are funded by private insurance, Medicaid, state and federal programs, and ESNH fundraising. There is never an out-of-pocket cost to families.
How do I schedule a free evaluation?
To determine eligibility for services and schedule a free evaluation, contact the office nearest you:
Heather Herod, MS CDS, SpEd
603.666.5982 ext. 33
How long does it take to start services?
We provide a service plan for eligible children within 45 days of intake.
What community resources do you offer?
Family support, education, parenting skills, and social services.
What other resources does Easterseals offer for children and families?
Easterseals NH is here for caregivers and their families, now and for life. Below are some of the programs you may want to explore:
Autism Services – one-to-one, evidence-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children ages 18 months to five years old
Pediatric Outpatient Services – therapy solutions for children three and up
Child Care – NAEYC-accredited inclusive child care for children of all abilities from six weeks to five years of age in Manchester
Veterans Count – clinical services and financial assistance for service members, veterans, and their families
Senior Services – in-home care, adult day health services, and more to help older adults in the family age at home
What to Expect From Easterseals FCESS
Elise, a pediatric occupational therapist in our FCESS program, says she needs to understand all aspects of child development to do her job well. She’ll often consult with an interdisciplinary team of Easterseals colleagues, including speech and physical therapists. “We work with the whole child,” she says. “That’s what makes early intervention at Easterseals so unique.”