What is Transportation Services?
Easterseals NH is committed to creating transportation solutions that foster independence for Granite State residents. We provide transportation to attend medical appointments, pick up prescriptions, buy food, and access school and adult day programs, among other critical needs. The cost of transportation is often covered by Medicaid or grant funds.
We began offering specialized transportation in 1983 in response to a lack of services for older adults and people with disabilities. Transportation Services has developed partnerships with human service and municipal agencies that benefit our community and constantly strives to coordinate and consolidate specialized transportation in the Greater Manchester area.
Transportation Services provides transportation with an operational fleet of 55 specially-equipped vehicles and serves over 993 individuals annually, traveling over half a million miles. Transportation Services is overseen and monitored by the NH Department of Safety, NH Department of Health and Human Services, and the NH Department of Transportation.
We are proud to provide curb to curb transportation for special education students within the Manchester School District. Easterseals NH has been transporting students for over four decades and remains committed to providing specialized service to those with varied abilities and individualized education plans. We transport over 450 Manchester School District students to in-district schools. Our program maintains a fleet of around 40 school vehicles ranging from CDL buses with 21 passenger capacity, caravans, and many wheelchair accessible vehicles. Easterseals NH Transportation program continues to grow and employs around 60 drivers and monitors who are committed to providing safe, reliable, and accessible transportation to students.
Why Transportation Services?
- Vehicle operators are professionally trained in defensive driving and passenger assistance techniques
- Operators are sensitive to the needs of individuals with disabilities and the elderly
- Door-to-door individualized service available
- Passenger monitors, when required
- Cost-efficient pricing
- Lift-equipped vans and buses
- Staff receives extensive training and complies with Department of Transportation regulations, including drug screening
- Licensed to provide Medicaid-approved wheelchair rehabilitation transportation
- We collaborate with school districts on behavior management issues and provide specialized training to their staff
Who is Eligible?
As part of our mission, we provide transportation for numerous programs. Transportation Services provides door-to-door transportation with passenger assistance available for older adults who are frail and isolated, as well as individuals with disabilities, allowing them to gain greater independence and stay involved in their communities.
Door-to-door service | Lift-equipped vans and buses | Cost-efficient pricing | Trained drivers
Transportation Services Clients
Our vehicles are available for charter by groups, individuals, and other agencies and offer considerable savings in money and time. In addition to transporting over 450 special education students on a daily basis for the city of Manchester, Transportation Services customers have included:
- Southern New Hampshire Services
- Community Health Services, Derry
- NH Bureau of Elderly & Adult Services
- NH Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- NH Division of Children, Youth and Families
- NH Division of Health & Human Services
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- Easterseals NH Programs
- Manchester Housing Authority
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Catholic Medical Center
- Veterans Administration
- Elliot Hospital
- Granite State Independent Living Association
- Nursing Homes
- Manchester School District
- Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester
- Manchester Community Health Center
- ADA Complaint Form
- ADA Policy including Complaints and Reasonable Modifications
- ADA Reasonable Modification Request Form
- Title VI Complaint Form – English
- Title VI Complaint Form – Spanish
- Title VI Notice – English
- Title VI Notice – Spanish
- Title VI Plan
- Title VI Complaint and Investigation Procedure
Claire always had a bright and vibrant personality. After experiencing some big life changes, such as leaving her job after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, her shining light began to dim. Due to the pain she suffered, she was unable to drive and was constantly asking her friends for rides to the grocery store and to doctor appointments. Claire began receiving and utilizes the program at least twice a week. Transportation Services has allowed Claire to be social again and has given her a greater sense of independence.
Sarah is an energetic 92-year-old woman who loves to socialize and works out daily on an exercise bike. She is quick to tell you about her music preferences, Reggae over Rap, and her love of enjoying a good meal in a restaurant. Sarah values her independence and is eager to stay engaged in the community.
To schedule a ride or for more information, please call 603.668.8603.
TTY: Dial 711 or 800.735.2964